Digital Charlotte is a project of the Queens Knight School of Communication focused on empowering Charlotte organizations to deliver digital inclusion resources to their communities.
The Knight School of Communication is looking for work-study students to help us further the mission of Digital Charlotte and its efforts to increase digital inclusion in Charlotte.
Digital Charlotte provides digital inclusion news and resources for organizations to use in their communities. Some of these include:
- Volunteer training
- Teaching curriculum and tutorials
- News – coverage, distribution, and promotion
Examples of these things can be found in our STORIES, STAKEHOLDERS, FIELD GUIDE, and our SOCIAL MEDIA (TWITTER, FACEBOOK, & INSTAGRAM)
The Knight School is looking for Queens work-study students to fill these positions:
- Social Media Assistant
- As a Social Media Assistant, you will be part of Digital Charlotte’s social media team. Your responsibility will be to assist the Director of Community Programs by executing and supplementing the social media post calendar for both Digital Charlotte and the Queens Knight School of Communication. This will include, but limited to, draft social media posts, create pictures and videos to be used for social media, and discover related media to be shared on social media. Training is provided.
- Video Production Assistant
- As a Video Production Assistant, you will be part of Digital Charlotte’s video content team. Your responsibility will be to assist the video production with capabilities to conceptualize, shoot, and edit Digital Charlotte promotional spots and news stories in development. Training is provided.
- Content Producer Assistant
- As a Content Producer Assistant, you will be part of Digital Charlotte’s video content team. Your responsibility will be to acquire video images, interviews, and b-roll footage; prepare for shoots; handle cameras, audio, and lighting; and edit video. Training is provided.
- Writer/Editor/Researcher Assistant
- As a Writer/Editor/Researcher Assistant, you will be part of Digital Charlotte’s video content team. Your responsibility will be to research issues and stories about people and organizations; prepare questions; interview sources; and write and edit copy for text, video, and internet production. Training is provided.