Summary: This position is responsible for providing high-quality administrative program support for Digital Charlotte within the Knight School of Communication of Queens University of Charlotte. This is a part-time (10-15 hours/week), non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director of Digital Charlotte.
This position is not exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible to earn overtime pay for hours worked above 40 in a single work week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Order all hospitality for each cohort, each week (typically Jimmy Johns)
- Coordinate with Program Admin for day of delivery of hospitality
- Purchase additional items (snacks and drinks) for each cohort
- Venue preparation / pre program site visits
- Conduct pre cohort checklist at each venue
- Work with contact to address any issues
- Ensure entire project team is aware of any problems or special requirements
- Work with Training manager to ensure each cohort is appropriately staffed and that all parties have the correct information
- Regular project communication (weekly project reports)
- Work with Program Admin to ensure they have all supplies and are prepared for each class
- Provide insight to Executive Director on key successes and early program identification
- Asana project management
- Must use Asana for project management communication to internal team
- Earned device support
- Working with Director of Operations to prepare computers from E2D for use in the class
- Clean stickers off machines
- Monitoring software updates
- Deliver devices to first class of cohort, teach PA how and where to secure case between classes (this will be worked out during your site visit)
- Printing program materials
- Ensure all program materials are printed ahead of time
- Ensure the latest version of program materials is being used
- Purchasing other program supplies
- Typically includes drinks and snacks for each class
- Build kit with basic supplies for each cohort
- Collect all program receipts
- Verify data collection is being done for each class and alerting Executive Director when data is missing
- Non-Essential Duties:
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department and university needs.
- Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- At least three (3) years administrative support experience.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge to improve procedures and processes. Familiarity with Asana strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and experience interacting with multiple constituencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a gift for identifying information that should be escalated immediately
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Excellent organization and follow-up / follow-through skills to ensure completion of assignments within established timeframes.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze components and arrive at a logical course of action while knowing when to ask for assistance or direction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to effectively prioritize assignments to meet given deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm and resourceful in stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to use absolute discretion when dealing with sensitive, confidential materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and education.
- Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions – 75 100% of the time.
- Work Conditions
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
- Salary: $17.50/hr.
- Type of Job: Part Time
- Job Location: Digital Charlotte located at Queens Knight School of Communication in Charlotte, North Carolina 28274
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this positions, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of this position.
Degrees Wanted: None Required
Majors Wanted: Any Major
Company Name: Digital Charlotte
Employer Web Site: http://digitalcharlotte.org
Company Description: Digital Charlotte is a project of the Queens Knight School of Communication. Digital Charlotte is focused on empowering organizations to deliver digital inclusion resources in the Charlotte community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Yes
Questions? Need more information?
Contact Andrew Au at email@example.com